3 EXERCISES TO BUILD A STRONG CORE AND PREVENT WORKOUT INJURYadmin
Getting on a daily exercise needs you to have a strong core. A strong core means less injury during workouts. Building a strong core takes some time. You need to be consistent with your workout routine.
Aside from being consistent, you need to know the proper exercises in order to build that core stronger. You can do the exercises in your home gym. Here are some exercises that will help in building your core to avoid workout injury.
Here’s an exercise that you can do anytime, anywhere in your home. You just need a space to stretch your body and you’re good. Although this seems easy to figure out, you still need to do push-ups correctly to get a strong core.
Here’s how to do standard push-ups the right way:
- First, you need to find a space. You can have it in your home gym.
- Layout your mat on a flat surface.
- Position your whole body on the mat. Keep your toes grounded while holding your body up with your hands.
- Once in position, lower your torso up to 90-degrees on the ground.
- For more resistance, always keep your elbows close to your body while your head faces forward.
- Keep your body straight while lowering it down. Breathe as you move your body lower.
- Slowly push your whole body up and away from the ground. (Don’t forget to breathe when doing so.)
- Keep your body in a straight position when pushing it up.
- Repeat the process several times. Make sure to listen to your body rhythm in doing the exercise.
Doing push-ups right will strengthen your core. Give it time, and you’ll be an expert in doing the exercise.
Here’s another exercise that can strengthen your core. A proper single-leg deadlift exercise will help strengthen your back, core, and legs. You’ll prevent a workout injury once you’ve mastered this exercise.
The proper way to do Single-leg Deadlift:
- Prepare your space. Your home gym will be great. Also prepare a kettlebell, a dumbbell, or a barbel. Any will do.
- In your designated exercise space, Stand with your feet slightly apart.
- Keep yourself in position with a kettlebell, a dumbbell, or a barbel in your hands. Place your hands on the front.
- Slightly lean forward. Place your weight on one leg while the other leg slowly moves back and then up.
- Extend your leg at the back and lean your body forward. Make sure to form the letter “T.”
- Keep your arms hanging straight down. Feel the weight of the dumbbells, kettlebells, or barbels.
- Slowly bring down the extended leg and return to the original position.
- Repeat the procedure with your other leg.
The Single-leg Deadlift is one way to strengthen your core. Do exercise a few minutes every day in your home gym. Always listen to your body if you do the exercise. It is still important that you are in good condition.
Another exercise that will strengthen your core and prevent workout injury is the Lateral Raise. It strengthens your arms and shoulders too when done right. It is important to keep your body in the correct position when doing the exercise.
Proper Way to Do the Lateral Raise:
- Prepare your dumbbells in your home gym.
- Once you are ready, be prepared to complete the lateral raise.
- Stand still and hold the dumbbells in both your hands.
- Place your hands to the sides carrying the weight of the dumbbells.
- Slowly raise both the dumbbells to the sides at shoulder length.
- Keep your head and body straight.
- Hold your arms while slightly forming a curve on your elbows.
- Build tension in your shoulders and let it stay there for 3 seconds.
- Slowly lower your arms down resting both to the sides.
- Repeat the process for a few minutes.
- Always listen to the rhythm of your body when doing the exercise.
A good lateral raise when done right does strengthen your core. When you have a strong core, you need not worry about any workout injury.
These are three simple exercises that are crucial in strengthening your core. Easy as they may sound, you need to do these properly. Properly doing these exercises will definitely keep you away from any workout injuries.
These strengthening the core exercise can be done at home. So make sure you have your home gym prepared. Also, prepare the home gym equipment needed for these exercises. Work your body out now and be fit.